
Nigeria Scams
Please read the article first.
I don't understand how you can blame the victims. First of all, not everyone in the United States (or any other parts of the world) is technology savvy. Some of the victims could've easily been using the computer for the first time and have no idea about these scams. From things I've seen, either scammers use inheritance (I've gotten many of those emails) and how do you know the person receiving these emails isn't really Nigerian, and really think that they might have inheritance? Some of the scammers use sob stories about how their family isn't do well or what have you and ask for help, and people think that they really are helping someone across the world. Other situations as far as relationships, people use the internet everyday to find true love. Whether or not you believe love exists over the internet, it is quite possible to meet someone to fall in love with, and people have out there.
Why don't they find out the reason why Nigeria is the home of internet scamming, particularly, like a ring leader or something? I don't know much about the different countries in Africa, besides of the fact most of them are third world countries. I even wonder how people there get access to computers when children are starving and medical needs aren't met. I don't know if Nigeria is one of those areas that flourish better than other countries in Africa. But the point being is that this person is blaming the victims rather than finding the source. And how can you call a bunch of people greedy for falling for these traps when maybe they need just as much money to get by like the people in Africa do? I'm saying the victim may not be greedy, but scammers aren't stupid either. They know to hit someone really rich and stupid, or find someone poor and desperate and see this supposed money as a break.
I think they need to pay attention to their own people and work out issues there instead of playing mind games with the victims.

No comments:
Post a Comment