Friday, December 28, 2007

New Years Non-Resolution





The New Year is around the corner; and after we pigged out on all the Christmas crap 'tis the season to lose weight. Or get that new job, ask for a raise, get a new car, or whatever it is that we feel the need to change for the "New Year". I say screw it all, why bother? We all know that we can't stick to the diet or know "the boss is such an asshole there is no way in hell to get the raise" happens. I say make a resolution each day, rather then each year. Sure, wish for a better year, maybe you did have a really bad year. Maybe your dad died, you bought a lemon car, you lost your job and your husband left you. So maybe on the night when your completely plastered in all your misery that maybe just maybe you can have a better year.

I think too many people focus on that one day the new year begins and everything is going to be magical. Who knows, maybe it will; maybe you won the lottery that day or something. I can care less about the new year. Sure, it's fun to celebrate and all that jazz, but I look at a new day as a possible new beginning. We should treat everyday as "New Years Day". I think we would all be much happier people.

I know tomorrow is going to be a new day for me. Maybe tomorrow I can finally find a car that I can afford and know it won't break down. Maybe for once customers will be nice to me the entire shift. Or someone can offer me a great job I can do while in school and I can leave my current job. Or in general have a good day.

Optimism is key in having a happy life, and we should stop all this nonsensical hype of "New Year's" and start living.

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win