Sunday, December 2, 2007

Spanked!



Video



Because I go to school in MA, this entire thing has been all over the news. I read this and I think this is just ridiculous.

You are telling parents how to parent, and not only that, what are you going to do, have a policeman in every house? Granted, I don't fully believe in spanking, but there are some kids who need to be spanked. This entire no spanking thing includes the home, which is just ridiculous. Do you think a 2 year old is going to call the police when a parent spanks them? I highly doubt it.

I feel like its a violation of privacy by including the home. Is the state of MA going to provide search warrants in every home so they can check at random to make sure a kid is not getting a spank? And to what category of abuse is going to be according to the law? Honestly too, I think some judges if a case is brought are going to be too lenient (like the older judges who were hit in their days) or too severe (some newer judges who are on the young side).

Now I won't deny that there are parents who severely abuse their children, and I think rather than pass a law denying spanking they need to do more with the DCYF (Dept of Children, Youth and Families, at least in my state or also known as DCY or DCF in some states). There are some DCYF's that are too extreme with just some minor family issues or they are too lenient on parents that should never had kids in the first place. I think they need to put more focuses on that rather than pass some stupid law on no spanking. It is just not going to fly. This is a country of freedom, now the government wants to control everything.

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win