Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Backtracking and Biblical Mishaps

I got involved today in the show "Wife Swap", and the first show I watched was a non-sports family switching with a very sports driven family. It was funny and it's interesting how both families had the extremes of each lifestyle. I had both sports and music in my life and you know what, there is such a thing as a balance of both. I don't understand these people. One considered music to be a "sissy" thing, while the other people didn't want the definition of "Soccer mom/dad".

It got more interesting when the next show was that of very liberal vs. very conservative. The sad part was that the dad, Chris Childs (sadly of Rhode Island, I hope I never bump into him, or I will give him a piece of my mind) knew he was brainwashing his kids. I have a problem with the Christians of our world. Granted I am one, but I don't define my life as a "Bible Thumper". Watching the show reminded me of how I was raised, and how glad I am to be no longer brain washed. I grew up very confused, but partly glad I questioned things going on in our world. When I was younger, I went to private school and was involved with the church. I grew up learning "Jesus loves you", "all non-Christians believe in the devil", and "turn the other cheek when people persecute you", yet living at home, I was surrounded by the outsiders. My neighborhood was filled with violence, drugs, hate, small gangs, you name it. I remember at 5 yrs old being threatened by five kids with knives in their hands at the park, and a year later I was offered drugs on the way home from school. Again, very confusing to a young person growing up. I was well aware of things I should've never been aware of until I was much older. It made it difficult for my teachers to understand what I would talk about in school, because I was seeing a world quite differently than what I was learning about in school.

These thoughts raced through my mind, and I got sick just think about it. So I took a shower so I wouldn't have to listen the religious bird brains argue. If I am ever fighting for my life in a hospital and my blood pressure is low, turn on something like that will bring back my blood pressure to normal, and if left on too long, make it sky rocket.

Here's the link to Providence Journal's article on the show: Wife Swap- Christian vs. Christian

There is some hope for the children. I pray that you get unbrainwashed. I really pray that they don't buy the story of Adam and Eve, or at least Mr. Childs version of it. He told his children that Adam ate Swiss Cheese and lusts over many women. What many women Mr. Childs? There was only one woman, and that was Eve. Duh, doesn't matter type of Christian you are, we do know it was one man and one woman. I want to know where the hell this man got his facts.

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win