Apparently this unobservant Jewish blogger was in the grocery store shopping for food when she came across the "Ham for Chanukah".
Kosher Ham
There is a huge problem with this. First of all, any part of the pig IS NOT KOSHER! Pigs, according to the Old Testament (or the Jewish Torah) are considered a dirty animal and God said that the pig is non-kosher (or kosher meaning clean, so it is unclean).
There were some comments made at the end of the site in which one person said:
"The erroneous understanding of the finer points of kosher rules of by non Jewish food purveyors is not new. I recall reading a few years back that a NYC deli advertised ham & swiss on Jewish rye sandwiches as being kosher. Silly deliman....someone should have pointed out to him that you can't mix cheese and meat."
Silly you, not only can you not mix cheese and meat, but again, JEWS DON'T EAT HAM! PERIOD! There is a verse in the Bible where God says something like "Do not boil a kid in it's mother's milk" meaning that "kid" is a goat. I guess it was some type of pagan sacrifice back then to boil the meat in milk, and God forbids paganism, so that's why He made this rule. (I'm basically paraphrasing what I was told in Old Testament class so don't yell at me if I'm wrong!) But that is why Jew's don't mix meat and dairy. And sure in hell do not eat ham...oy vey!

No comments:
Post a Comment