The 25 Worst Rappers of All Time
I was reading this list, and granted I don't know every rapper or heard every part of this music, but I'm going disagree and approve some of the comments made here:
24) Bubba Sparxxx: Cut from much of the same cloth as Fred Durst, here's another earnest white boy looking to earn his street cred by exhibiting talents he doesn't actually have. You know how a kid will brag that his TV is bigger than your TV and then never get around to showing you this "Big TV"? That's kind of what a Bubba Sparxxx album is like. You keep hearing about how cool and assured he is, but you never actually hear any music that backs up the claim. Guest appearing on tracks by Limp Bizkit and Justin Timberlake should make you very nervous, despite some legit rappers claiming he's OK.
I don't know really about this one. I heard his music, and I think it's pretty good. His credibility trying to be a white rapper, well I don't know. If I knew more and actually cared and paid attention to celebrity nonsense I could say more about him. I'm assuming this writer is basing his opinion not on whether or not they can rap but also their background and other things he considers important.
20) Nelly: Whoa, Nelly! Yeah, the band-aid was a great gimmick and noting that when it gets hot, it's man's natural instinct to want to take off his clothes, well, that's priceless, too. Maybe his next album Brass Knuckles, slated for release in a few months, will show us a new side to this flat-screen rapper. Surely, he's had time to find qualified producers and to bone up on his diction to make it sound like something more than reading off of cue cards.
Yea, I can agree that his stuff that he raps isn't all original, like you can tell someone else has written it. It makes sense. I can pretty much agree for the most part on this comment. I haven't heard much from him lately so when his album comes out we'll see what happens.
18) Chingy: You know an "artist" is really hitting a nerve when they inspire an onslaught of negative reviews at every website you visit. The consensus seems to be: "This guy's beats are terrible and his lyrics are stupid, degrading and barely literate at best." And we're guessing that came from his mom. I didn't need to read all 385 one star reviews to be tipped off to just how much other people don't admire this man's talent. To think he owns houses in multiple cities, partners a restaurant in Miami and has appeared on The George Lopez Show as himself! Someone's got a bit of explaining to do.Yea, again I agree. Some of his stuff is okay but again I have to agree with this writer here.
8) Will Smith: The people who vote in the Grammy Awards might very well be drunk when they do so. Or maybe they don't listen to the records they vote for. Now rap music wasn't really enjoyed by the "establishment" back in the 1980s, so they were primarily guessing at what the "kids" were listening to. And "Parents Just Don't Understand" was obviously a pretty "wacky" "rebellious" little number with all that clever rhyming! And Will Smith was certainly still "safe" enough to not inspire too much controversy. Which is exactly why he's a lousy rapper. And why Smith got out of there and into acting before everyone caught on.You know, he really isn't bad. I remember listening to "Welcome to Miami" and "Men in Black" and so being a "safe" rapper is a bad thing? Many people claim rap is so bad because of lyrics and what not, so why not have some safe rap? Some safe rap I think will keep people thinking that all rap music is "satanic" and "bad" and "a bunch of nonsense". I completely disagree with this writer here. Being safe isn't a bad thing it's a good thing; it keeps people listening to this type of music and giving it a chance. While I'm not saying all rap should be fruity and always tasteful, I think it adds variety and gives positive instead of negative feedback. Does every rap record have to have a controversial piece?
7) Mr. T: Yes, I pity the fool who thought Mr. T had a career singing, rapping and wearing extremely short camouflage shorts and stretched to the knee tube socks while telling you to treat your mother right. From his instructional video Be Somebody Or Be Somebody's Fool. Why take advice from a guy who seems to have opted for the latter?I was a kid or more like a baby when he came out, so I can't say much. But to be quite honest, what I do know of him, I can see why he is on this list.
5) Puff Daddy: P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, no matter what name you give him, his rapping doesn't improve. Sure, he's been a successful entrepreneur. Apparently, he can sell anything. He sold the idea of talking over a perfectly legitimate hit single by the Police as one of his own creations and winning a Grammy for his troubles. Again, are these people drunk when they vote?Umm, yea. I have mixed feelings with this. I like his stuff, I really do. I see him on the current show he has of "Making the Band" and there are times I completely disagree what he has his bands do and what he doesn't like. As far as quality of his music I think it's pretty good. What he does on his show, well, that's a different story. I don't think that he should have been on this list. Not for this topic anyways.
These last two I can see why, because to be totally honest, I feel that neither of them rap. What their music should be called, I don't know. I'm not saying that I don't like their songs, I just don't know if "rap" would be the category to put them under.
2) MC Hammer: "U Can't Touch This" was first described to me as someone repeatedly yelling "Stop, It's Hammer Time!" over Rick James' "Superfreak." Sounded like a bad idea. Sounded like a bad joke. Then I heard it. MC Hammer went on to sell millions of albums. Some people even took to dressing like him. Yet somehow he never managed to turn this into another marketing line, not even for glasses. That's how he ended up on reality TV, I guess.and
1) Vanilla Ice: Whether Suge Knight ever actually dangled Robert Van Winkle, Mr. Vanilla Ice, from a balcony or not, the point intended is an important one: STOP MAKING RAP RECORDS. "Ice Ice Baby" isn't so much a bad song as simply an insult. Instead of making a low-rent porn video, Ice makes Cool As Ice, a film so bad it almost makes you wish he'd stuck to making records.

No comments:
Post a Comment