Tuesday, November 6, 2007

If you can't be an example, Don't care for a child





I work for an after school program here in Springfield, MA and I meet some of the darnest people. While working today this woman (I will name her Shirley for privacy issues) and she has to be one of the most horrible women to care for children. While I was helping one of the students with his homework, I'm listening to "Shirley" calling the students names like "goober", "goofball", "dummy", "brat", "baby" and so on and so forth. This continued for about ten minutes and other students started to join in. Then one kid went over the line and "Shirley" told him to stop. Well the kids didn't stop and she started punishing people. First of all, as an adult (and she has a son, I feel sorry for him) you shouldn't be saying those things at all. You are only encouraging the name calling and you are putting down students. Secondly, because of that, don't expect kids to stop, especially at the Kindergarten to Fifth Grade levels. She at one time also yelled at the kids for breaking pencils after she sharpened them. They are kids for crying out loud of course they are going to break pencils and ruin things. That's part of being a kid the last time I checked. This same woman also walks around thinking she is the smartest person around. For crying out loud lady you didn't even graduate high school. She complains about things and acts like a complete know it all. And I'm not saying everyone who doesn't graduate high school is stupid, but any intelligent person knows that garbage is just spewing out of her mouth. I actually might change schools because of her. The students can't stand her, I can't stand her. I'm on the verge of reporting her because of that and all these things she does I find unacceptable. I know I would never send my children to "Shirley's" care. Be a leader not a follower.

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win