Welcome to my life. If life gets boring, you can guarantee something is up life's sleeve.
Okay, so I wake up this morning and on nerves because my car decided last night to break its exhaust and dangle off my car. So its still not fixed; I called my mechanic here in Springfield who recommended me to someone thats like two blocks away to get it done. My car is loud and obnoxious and makes rattling noises. It broke while I was at El's place last night and I ended up not going to work last night but I did go today. so tomorrow as soon as classes get out I'm bouncing to the place.
Meanwhile, today at work was crazy. I mean really crazy. I got in and things were running smoothly until around 11:30am. At 11:30, part of our lights went out but no big deal I figured it would come on. Well about 20 min later BOOM! all the power throughout the store went out.I was like sweet, meanwhile managers were suddenly running around with flashlights and the calculators with tape on them. so I was in the middle trying to figure how to use the blasted thing (never used anything like it before) the generator kicked in and we could use our registers but we couldn't turn on our lights or move the belts, so customers had to push things down and i to the baggers. It was insane. About 2 hours later, the generator died, and we definitely had to kick the customers out. There was this one lady who was like "I will wait until the generators turn on or whatever" and we are like no buy what you have and get out. To top it off, we only had two things that could take cards, the rest had to pay cash or check. So for about 15 min managers had to hold to crowds of people wanting to shop until the lights went on. Then when the lights went on we couldn't let anyone buy frozen or cold things until things were checked. All the meat was ripped off the shelves and checked to make sure it was good. Apparently, a transformer blew and the affects of it rippled throughout East Longmeadow, MA.
It was nuts. Completely utterly insane.

No comments:
Post a Comment