
I woke up this morning to this IM from my uncle:
IM :Just wanted to flash a quick hello. I was in a fender bender accident yesterday (not our fault). I immediately remembered the one you and Caleb were in!
Ah yes, I remember that car accident. The day after my birthday, my 17th birthday, July 20th 2002. Spent most of the time at the DMV with my cousin and uncle, and after picking up sandwiches at either D'Angelos or Subway, we got gas and were heading back to my cousins' place. As my cousin was driving his crappy El Camaro that he was going to fix up I noticed he was not paying attention and I said "Hey, are you going to stop?" as he was nearing a green Ford Explorer waiting to turn. And because my cousin had an old car with no ABS brakes he slammed into the back of the SUV. Inside the SUV he hurt a woman who couldn't speak much English and apparently recently had surgery on her stomach and when we hit the steering wheel went into the surgical spot. The little girl with her was okay. We ended up at the hospital on our own, and they told me we would be fine. And my cousin Caleb went ballistic the rest of the day. That car accident was the one that nearly put me out for the last season of football for me because a week later I was having issues with my shoulders. I ended up in physical therapy for about two months and missed most of the season, pretty much not able to participate because of the potential to do more harm to my shoulder.
I will have to ask my uncle what happened later.
Another thing someone said to me today was that I was 16. Uh no, I was 16 like 6 years ago thanks.
The worst thing ever said to me was by my ex-boyfriend. My ex Frank, Jon and I were talking to this security guard one time and my ex decides to say loudly for no apparent reason "Do big girls take big dumps?" I looked over at him and hit him. Who the hell says that? And naturally as he said that two hot guys walked by laughing in hysterics. I could've shot him.
I had a lady in my line once who thought I was 32, had 2 kids, taught at a school and working at Stop and Shop was my second job, all because I told her that her kid needed something. Okay sure, I guess? I don't wish I was 32, but I do wish I had kids and I worked as a teacher, but that I didn't have to work at Stop and Shop.
The most hurtful thing ever said to me was by my wrestling coach a few years ago. I started wrestling in college and my college coach wanted us to work with our high school teams during break to stay in shape. Well I went into a high school practice one day, and Coach Galligan was upset by the fact that the guys were slacking off and he wasn't understanding why. So I said something in regards to agreeing with him and he turns angrily and goes "June, you are the worst wrestler East Providence has ever had!" I was like okay, what does this have to do with anything and secondly are you not a head coach? Are you not supposed to act like an adult and your not supposed to insult others in front of your athletes? Its funny he said that because I was wondering how he felt about me if since its been two years since he saw me and I'd hope by now he dropped this hateful grudge against me, but apparently not. He was always an asshole, and technically speaking I could get him fired. After he said that I stuck around for a few minutes and made an excuse saying that I had to work. I didn't have to deal with that man anymore and I told my college coach this. I'm not dealing with a coach who teaches wrestlers to cheat, is hateful and HE is actually the worst coach East Providence has ever had. And I'm not saying it out of spite, it is actually true. If you ever walked into East Providence's high school gym and look at the banners you will notice that EP has not won a state title since the early 1950's. They have been close to state title but have not won yet. I also know the coaches before him weren't that great either. And as far as the cheating goes I only know that because I spoke to my college wrestling coach and he said the stuff I learned in high school is illegal in both high school and college wrestling. So, congratulations Coach Galligan, you rank first in bad wrestling coaching.
I'm sure there is more I could say about the darnest things people have said to me. Too many times there have been instances where I'm left saying "Huh?" or left dumbfounded or hurt.

No comments:
Post a Comment