Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ellen Degeneres "Too Generous"?




Ellen Degeneres
More Ellen Details

I meant to write this when this first happened, but I was bogged down with things. This topic has really bothered me. As you all know, (unless you're living under a rock) that a few weeks ago Ellen Degeneres was on her show bawling in tears after a "doggone" tragedy. Ellen Degeneres gave her dog to her hairdresser's family. What really bothers me is this comment that was made.
"[Batkis] doesn't think this is the type of family that should have the dog," Fink told the Associated Press. "She is adamant that she is not going to be bullied around by the Ellen DeGenereses of the world…They are using their power, position and wealth to try to get what it is they want."

"The Ellen Degenereses" of the world? Are you kidding me? This isn't Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Nicole Ritchie or even Paris Hilton. This is Ellen Degeneres, the one who gives to people, makes people laugh, goes around and tries to learn new things and meet new people. And you are going to compare her with say Paris Hilton? I'm sorry, Ellen does not even come close to any of those idiots you call celebrities. We all know that Ellen is more like Oprah, not like Lindsay Lohan. I highly doubt Ellen was using any of her "power, position, and wealth" to manipulate the system. Ellen is more like "us" and I mean "us" as in everyday people. And it wasn't like Ellen gave it to a family that abused the poor dog or anything. This situation could've been worse. And from what I read on another website, Ellen's manager signs those contracts, not her. So why blame Ellen for it? I can't see why they couldn't have made a new contract and make a public apology and let the dog stay where it was. I don't know how long it takes for a dog to get used to its new owner, but I'm sure there was some trauma in for the dog as well when this happened. Ellen is an animal lover, we all know that. Animals and comedy is what Ellen lives and breathes for. So of course she is going to react somehow on public television because she cares. This isn't a drama queen situation, she has real feelings like anyone else who is an animal lover. I wish there were more "Ellen Degenereses of the world".

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win