Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Extreme" People






In the past few weeks I have met some interesting characters to say the least. Not necessarily bad, well, until today. Last night I was playing a game with some guy online, and we started talking. We found out that we are both from Rhode Island, and he works not far from where I live. I was talking to him again today, and he flipped out when I was talking about what I heard about the iphone and the new phone coming out by Verizon. I'm like dude, calm down. Then as we were talking some more, he asks if I go clubbing. I told him yes, and that I haven't gone to many regular clubs downtown Providence because my friend Tim always drags me to the gay bars. He says something like "I don't and will never ever go into a gay club" and so on. I'm thinking to myself, the way he portrays himself it almost sounds he's a homophobe. I have nothing against gay people, and I can't see myself with someone who is a homophobe. I'm not saying they have to be crazy about gay people, but you can't hate them or disrespect them either. That was a huge turnoff when it almost sounded like he was impartial to gay people. It doesn't cut it for me. I don't like homophobes. Period.
Another interesting person in my life that came about recently (and also got me started on this blog) was El Keter. His "extreme" is that he is not for marriage, at all. Like for himself, marriage creeps him out. And having children is out of the question. Which, after getting to know him the past few weeks, I understand why he feels that way. But for me, its hard to comprehend that that is your life decision not to get married or have kids. I know couples don't get married sometimes but raise kids together, or they get married and don't have kids, but both? But, I'm not him, and thats his call. I'm pretty sure that there are others just like him in this world, but this is the first time I encountered this type of thing. I mean, my cousin Jen is married (I think, we disowned part of our family a long time ago because of some issues.) but she doesn't want kids because she doesn't think that she will be a good mother. That's fine, because you know what, I see parents that shouldn't be parents. Period.
Now, I had a customer that was an extreme. Real extreme. This woman comes in, and she's buying a multipack of macaroni and cheese. I had noticed a coupon for free Capri Sun if you bought that, so I asked her if she wanted it. She said sure, and then she goes,"too bad I don't have kids to give it to." So I say, "Why don't you give it to your coworkers that have kids?" She says, "People who have kids aren't allowed at my desk." Wow. Wow. Seriously. Wow. If I didn't want to keep my job for the fact I need to pay for school and bills, I would have jumped over my register and hit her in the face. Not only is she discriminating against children, she is discriminate of parents. How rude is that? I'm guessing she doesn't have too many friends at her work then if she's like that; either that or she works at an abortion clinic. I'm taking it that she is a germaphobe in this case, because you know, parents get sick and get germs from their kids and stuff. But lady, if that is the case, it's called soap and water, Purell, Airborne, a shower, something. Anything. I mean if your so germaphobic (if that's the case), do you know how many germs are in your bathroom? Kitchen? Even if you cleaned all that? What do you think I have been touching all day? I've been touching raw meat, food some kid has half eaten, vegetables, money that has been God only knows where, and whatnot. And you came through my line with probably at least half that crap on my hands, and you have the nerve to say that anyone who is a parent basically is not allowed at your desk? Now if you are a boss, I guess you don't believe in maternity leave, and I guess women are constantly being fired for wanting to contribute to this society. I mean, I don't know where this woman works, or what she does, but just by how she dressed and her attitude, I must hit the jackpot somewhere on this issue. All I have to say is I'm glad this woman isn't a teacher or caregiver. Thank God, I would've shot her in the face. I told some of my coworkers, and they couldn't believe what I told them. They had the same reaction I did. Like holy crap.

Extreme people: Homophobic, no tolerance for that. Marriagephobic, depends on situation and person. Parent/childphobia, again no tolerance at all from me. At all. Period.

No comments:

Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win