Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Time and Fashion do not go together as in "Timely Fashion"






Something that has been bothering me for a while is people and doing things in a "timely fashion". I am a member and chairperson of CAB (Campus Activities Board at Springfield College), and I am in charge of advertising for events. However, since I have joined I've had a combination of events planned but nothing set in stone so I can advertise it; events planned and no one gives me the information to advertise it until last minute, or I've advertised for events that ended up being canceled. Most of the problems lie in people not giving me things to work with in a timely fashion. I give deadlines and no one follows them. A similar incident has been happening to a friend of mine here in Springfield. His gas got shut off because he didn't read the notice thinking it was a bill, not a notification to shut the gas off. He called and made a new account, and they said they would be there in a week to turn on the gas. Well, that Friday of the appointment came and went, and my friend called and asked why they didn't show up. They said that they were there, and my friend was like "No, you weren't, my gas isn't on and I've been here all day waiting for someone to knock on my door." The woman says that it wasn't on the work order to knock on the door. The last time I checked, how would you get into someones house or apartment if you didn't knock on the door so they could let you in to where the gas is? You kind of have to knock on the door. So they said that they will show up tomorrow. The next day came and went, and calls weren't accepted after 2pm, in which my friend found out at 5pm waiting for the guy to show up since they said they would be there between 8am-5pm. Now, isn't that a full work day? I mean, people have lives to live not waiting around for gas people. So my friend calls on Monday and they said they will be there on Tuesday. Just past midnight, which it would've been considered Wednesday at this point (this was this morning) the guy calls and says he could stop by. Um, what the fuck dude? Most people are sleeping at midnight you dumb piece of shit. My friend was in my dorm last night and I could've taken him home but he's like no I'm busy I'm not around right now. My friend is like it is Wednesday son, not Tuesday when you set an appointment to come. As of right now my friend has been gassless for over a week now and will call tomorrow and see what his next adventures are. By the way, the name of the company is Baystate Gas, and my friend will try to get some kind of refund or credit, because I honestly think this is ridiculous. Thank God it isn't winter yet. As El Keter would say "Baystate Gas can suck it." So yea, timely fashion apparently here in Springfield Massachusetts doesn't apply. Along with people running through red lights at dangerous intersections and cops don't do anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did i tell you about CAB?

-mt

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Google
Submit your website to 20 Search Engines - FREE with ineedhits!
search and win