
http://www.caribbeancurrent.com/community/story_id_005.html
First of all, read that article, and then read this.
I have a lot of issues with this article, if your going to bash someone, do it in a more tasteful way.
Way before the likes of today’s rap superstars like 50¢, or Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane was running the show.
First of all, the name is 50 Cent, not 50¢. That sign actually is plural being used that way, meaning 50 cents in that case, so its not correct if your talking about 50 Cent the rapper.
Big Daddy Kane appeared onstage with his dancer from back in the day....
If your going to write about something from the past, "back in the day" is the worst possible phrase you can use. It just sounds bad, especially if you're trying to come across as a professional writer.
Scoob, proudly eschewing the bling bling fashion philosophy of today’s ballers, showed me backstage how he custom made his own hat bearing his name, and that he dabbles in clothing design.
First of all, I know eschewing is a word, but no one uses it anymore. Try using a thesaurus next time, because not everyone knows what that means. "Bling, bling", okay we get it, but if you are again trying to persuade everyone your a great writer, put "bling, bling" in quotations next time or again use another word to mean the same thing. "Ballers" again not everyone reading that article is going to know what a "baller" is.
Questlove, sporting an afro the size of the Black Panther party, complete with the ubiquitous afro pick stuck in his hair, introduced legendary hip hop producer/beat maker Rashad “Tumblin’ Dice” Smith.
If that isn't the most racist comment I've ever heard in my life, I don't know what is. And if you're supposed to be this big fan and this professional photojournalist, then why would you make fun of him?
During the second set, a fan carrying an enormous book approached me. He asked me to get it signed for him. Not really wanting to carry around this huge book all night, I introduced him to MC Kinetic NRG, formerly of The Arsonists, who gave him a pass to get backstage. What was meant to be a gesture of goodwill, and make this man’s millennium, went horribly wrong when the freak tried to walk up to The Roots, book-in-hand, while they were on-stage performing. Apparently, this crack-head couldn’t figure out he was supposed to wait until the performance was actually over to ask for an autograph. Unfortunately, this is the reason why you don’t give fans backstage passes.
I can say so much about this, and what she says later on makes the comment "Unfortunately, this is the reason why you don’t give fans backstage passes." even funnier.
The managerial assistant for The Roots, a frazzled white woman named Ginny, decided to single me out backstage and demand that I leave,despite the fact that I was invited back there, and I was covered in All Access passes (four to be exact, two red and two green, for the two different sets).
And after reading this I don't think you even deserved any of that. Again, the racist issue of saying she's white and singling her out along with another woman as the "white peoples". ....where women totally forget to mind their manners and choose to flex their minor authority for no particular reason. Judging by the look of Ginny, attired in a prairie dress and cowboy boots more befitting a Shooter Jennings concert, it was clear she was a fish out of water and was taking her frustration out on me, the only other Caucasian female in the room.
And you dress how? Appropriately? And you're one to judge? And minor authority? Like you have any, also, I'm sure there probably more Caucasian women there then just you two, just have the fake tans so they don't match you so you wouldn't pick on them too.
I rationalized that she was only trying to do her job, whatever it was, so when she asked me to move to the VIP room, I willingly obliged her. I had wanted to ask The Roots if they were willing to pose for some shots, either smoking for High Times, or chillin’ for The Source; however, there wasn’t a publicist in sight. I am very respectful and never violate protocol, specifically to avoid having to deal with Type A personality watchdogs like Ginny.
She has a job, its called keeping (and excuse my French) "bitches" like you from ruining a good time, because apparently that was your intentions. And after you spent the first paragraph or two making fun of these people, do you really think that you belong there? And who says "The Roots" are pot heads? Posing for such magazines like "High Times" can really hurt their career, oh wait, you wouldn't know what career means since apparently you really don't have one. And your not Type A? I sure in hell think you are. And spell the word chilling next time or again put "chillin' " in quotations because its not proper English. And did you really look for a publicist, or did you just decide that white people can't be publicists for "The Roots"? (Not saying that the publicist was Ginny, but just to point out that fact it could be or that "other white Caucasian woman".)
I proceeded to go to the VIP area, so as not to stress her out. I figured I would return after the show. Once I left the backstage area, I was approached by security and asked to leave the VIP area as well. I was flummoxed. Where was all this aggression coming from? Then, naturally, Ginny magically reappeared to eavesdrop on a conversation I was having with the stage manager, who knew I was a regular at Nokia Theatre.
Again, who the hell uses "flummoxed"? You should either write an article using "big" words only or write in simpler terms, not use both. It's like she is trying to pretend she's smart by putting in a few "big" words here and there and then write in simpler terms the rest of her article. And why are you blaming Ginny for your personal issues?
She fixed her face in an expression of fake sweetness, and asked if there was a problem, fully aware that she was the person who was causing it. Annoyed at having been run off by this clueless biatch for no apparent reason, I decided not to stay for the rest of the show. Between the crazy, rabid fan and the annoying female watchdog, I‘d had my fill of idiosyncratic people for one night.
Nevertheless, The show itself was dope. Watching either of these sets, you really got a strong sense of what life was like during the most productive, creative, fashion forward, idyllic, incline phase of hip-hop.
"Biatch"? Again, bad, bad writing. Say "bitch" in quotations, or find something else. You weren't being runoff, your just plain stupid and can't deal with the reality that your nothing special. If you want to be somebody, you need to learn how to deal with fans. If you don't like it, then change your day job. How would you know the show is "dope" since you didn't stick around to see the whole thing because you were busy getting pissed off at some stupid fan and harassing Ginny. By you leaving was probably the best, but again, you just made yourself look bad by not dealing with the reality of "the behind the scenes" things of famous people. That's why there are some cut out for this business and others aren't; and apparently, you can't handle it. And again with the long stupid words that no one understands like "idyllic" and "idiosyncratic". A true writer would of sucked it up, stayed the whole time, and write just about what you were supposed to write about, which was the taping of the show, not write about your exhausting laundry list of complaints of show business, in which you had no business to be in in the first place. "The Roots" are famous and have been around a while, ask anyone. If you never heard of "The Roots" you were born yesterday, live under a rock, or don't appreciate that type of music.
Another idiotic article
Right from the get go the word "written" is spelled wrong, and eschew is used again. And if you compared both articles she seems to have issues at these kind of events. So why bother going? Obviously your not wanted.
"for the most part, people present [usually] coherent and insightful..uh, insights into the scene, and if not that then they're at least amusing. some of them are pretty stupid and pretentious, mainly brittany somerset and the graphic designer in the..." (article)
Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way about her
To sum up the writer Brittany Somerset in one word, "imbecile" comes to mind. Don't quit your day job Brittany, go back to save your chihuahuas and fake Louis Vuitton, and stop writing.

5 comments:
Since you seem to share the same love for Brittany Somerset that I do, I've got a story about just what a loser she is.
A colleague of mine introduced me to her so I emailed her to say hi. She shoots me back a nasty email about the guy who introduced us. Long story short, no matter how many times I tried to apologize to this bitch she kept shoot back nasty emails.
Her main gripe seemed to be that I'm another writer and she is so insecure that she can't communicate with another writer "because I'm trying to steal the food out of [her] mouth". It must be so sad to go through life thinking that just talking to someone politely is a threat to your career.
And if that is a threat to her career, then what you've posted in your blog is absolutely true and she knows it. She must know how stupid she is for her to be so threatened by another writer saying hi.
Post a Comment